Happy Black Friday!
In order to help you shop for gifts this year, we’ve enlisted the help of Vixxxie the TNElf, and her stupid boyfriend Brad, who have gathered a selection of items for sale from some of Tampa Bay’s best comedians.
“Hi everyone! I’m Vixxxie the TNElf and I’ve found some just wonderful products that anyone would be happy to receive as presents, all from some of the most talented and gifted people in the Tampa Bay Area! Golly, I sure love the holidays and I sure love these hilarious comics! The opportunity to help them make some money is my favorite thing! It makes me so very happy!”
Oh Vixxxie! You’re simply adorable! What a sweetheart!
“Yeah. And I’m Brad, her boyfriend. ‘Sup?”
Shut the fuck up, Brad.
Here we go…
- Maurice Jovan Billington, aka “A Cat Named Mo” from 102.5 ‘The Bone’ is a filmmaker, screenwriter & poet as well as a stand-up comedian. He is the writer/director of “The Purgatorist”, a short film based upon his own graphic comic currently available on Amazon Prime and his feature film debut, “WDED Dead In The Morning” is currently set for release in 2021. He has two books available at Amazon.com: “A Portion of the Eternal” and “This Plane Is Going To Crash: A Collection of Poems“
- Clark Brooks, Tampa News Force’s Senior Supreme Executive Content Editor’s (first… so far… stay tuned) book “A Ridiculously Inconsistent Treasury” is available from Amazon.com.
- Duval Culpepper is a New York native who grew up in the projects but went to a fancy private school, giving him a very unique perspective on people–he hates them. Often mistaken for Lenny Kravitz (or any other light skin black guy with hair), he travels the country doing stand-up, writing and looking for a tall athletic blonde to drink piña coladas with while watching American Ninja 2: The Confrontation. his book, “How to Manage Your Girlfriend’s White Guilt: And Other Horrifying Tales of Rich White Liberals (Volume 1)” is available at Amazon.com.
- Some people like to read books. Chris Gorges likes to read crowds. He has the ability to relate to his audience. His interactive style gets the crowd going and with his wide range of material, Chris never misses a beat. With a strong background in Improvisation, his act can be anything! He’s all about getting some serious laughs and brings tons of experience to the stage from every part of his life. Veteran, Father, Gamer and Medical Professional…it’s all in there. His comedy album “Chicken Kicker” is available from Amazon.com as well as iTunes and Spotify
- Jander Gray’s Willow Tree Soap Factory makes fancy soaps for fancy people. Lavender, Orange Scrub, Peppermint Poppy and more. He does this with his kids and the sales directly benefit a family dealing with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Darcy Greco is the hairstylist to Tampa Bay’s comedy superstars and a formidable comedian in her own right. Her debut novel (which is not a comedy, btw) “One More Iris” is available on Amazon.com.
- Ryan Gunnar’s album “Captain Jazz: Saxual Intercourse” is available on Spotify, as well as Apple and Amazon music.
- Tampa News Force co-founder John Jacobs (with collaborator Stick Martin) has an album of 40 comedic songs, titled “Summer at Southside” on Amazon.com.
- Nikole Raven is a comedian, entrepreneur and trained dancer. Bellydance, gogo dance, modern, alternative, character, ambient performer, poi, Polynesian, Samba, flow arts, Latin, Salsa, burlesque, and more. If you want to learn or give a gift to someone who does, you can contact her for gift certificates.
- Rafiq Shaheen produces casual clothing and accessories, capturing and re-purposing your favorite pop culture icons in ways you’ve never thought of at his “Touch of Swag” store.
- Devin Siebold is a comedian and high school teacher in Orlando but he performs frequently in the Tampa Bay area. He sells merchandise celebrating teachers, with a portion of proceeds going toward filling wish lists for teachers at his web site.
- You can find Aniria Medrano Turney’s “¡QUE FUNNY!” apparel by contacting her via Instagram at @quefunny_aniria. Renowned actor, stand-up comedian, producer, playwright and screenwriter John Leguizamo has one of her t-shirts!
- “Mixed Makings by Amanda” is a place where you can find a wide variety of custom, personalized items from Amanda Wilson. Tumblers, embroidery, resin creations, keychains and more. She also takes requests via Instagram.
- Of course, we always have to recommend our own TNF shop, where you’ll find all kinds of goodies!
“Golly, so many beautiful things from so many terrific, talented and hard-working people! I wish I could buy all of this merchandise. Unfortunately, elves don’t make that much money, especially when they have to financially support their boyfriend’s career aspirations to be a DJ. Still, I hope everyone has a simply magical holiday season, surrounded by love and happiness! Bless us all!!”
Vixxxie, you are truly a source of warmth and light in an increasingly cold and dark world! Thank you for being you!
“I’m on the ‘Gram as DJ BradgeOfHonor. Be sure to check out my podcast.”
Jesus, Brad. You’re the worst.